Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very easy and fancy looking dessert. My family was so impressed when I served this as a dessert for our Christmas dinner. If you would like to you can substitute your favorite berries or fruits (Kiwi, peaches,cherries,etc) for the mandarin oranges.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, cut into smaller bit and drained
- 1 (2 sheet) boxpepperidge farm puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine 2/3 cups sugar and cream cheese and mix well.
- Add Cool Whip and mix gently to combine.
- Gently fold in Mandarin oranges.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Defrost pastry sheets at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut each sheet into three long strips (on the fold lines).
- Cut each strip into 6 pieces.
- You will end up with 36 rectangles.
- Using the remaining 2 Tbs sugar dust each piece with sugar.
- Transfer to greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until pastry stops moving.
- Cool puffs then separate each puff into two rectangles.
- Fill with filling and refrigerate till ready to serve.