Recipe by English_Rose
A new twist on a classic dish, this fondue would be great for a party. A James Martin recipe.
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 cup beer
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ground black pepper
- cubed onion bread
- cubed ham
- cubes cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat together the beer, cheese and crushed garlic in a fondue pot.
- Cook gently, stirring, over a low heat until the cheese has melted. Stir in the butter.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water and add to the fondue pot. Add the mustard. Continue cooking until the fondue has thickened, stirring constantly. Season with pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pot to the burner and serve at the table with cubes of onion bread, chicken, ham and a little dish of chutney.