This is a company dish for me, as my DH dislikes bell peppers intensely. For those who like them, however, it goes over very well. Excellent when served with chicken, or even with pasta. Do try your best to use fresh oregano; it does make a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until onion is starting to soften.
- 3Add garlic, fresh oregano (if you substitute 1-1/2 tsp dried, it will be okay but definitely not as good), salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 4Add remaining tbsp of oil to pan and stir in the peppers.
- 5Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until peppers are browned.
- 6Stir in vinegar, honey and ginger.
- 7Cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly, until peppers are glazed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plethora of Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 297.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g