Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 cups fresh bartlett pears or 4 cups Anjou pears, peeled and cored,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie (top and bottom crust.)
- Preheat one to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice.
- Toss lightly with mixture of remaining ingredients.
- Heap into pastry lined 9 inch pie plate.
- Dot with 2 Tbsp butter, and cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges of crust, and cut slits in top to vent.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, covering crust edges with foil after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or softened vanilla ice cream.
My DH loved this pie, but for me it had a bit too much nutmeg. Would make it again with about half the measure of nutmeg.
WOW! This was spectacular and so easy to make. I have never made a double crust pie before, so this was a first in that area, and it was my first pear pie....it isnt going to be my last. I didnt add the butter, and it was great. I left the skin on this time, but next time I will probly take it off. My DH was raving over it, and I have a picture I will put on here soon! THanks Secret!!!