Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My kids, and the neighbourhood kids, are always asking for me to make these...little do they know it is so easy! I put it together in the morning, or even the night before, and the crockpot does the rest. I have made bigger and smaller batches...just adjust ingredients accordingly:) Awesome over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen meatballs, thawed (I usually put them in frozen to save time)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube (can be omitted to cut down sodium)
- 1 cup water
- Put meatballs in the crockpot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients. (I whisk them together.).
- Pour soup mix over meatballs and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Quick, easy and very good. I used Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic. Received many compliments and recipe requests when I made this for my family Christmas. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this recipe on 4/16/12 for " Spring PAC 2012 " and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner. :) Since the bag of meatballs only had 14 oz. in it the recipe was made as follows,only 1 can of golden mushroom soup( just a personal preference ) was needed and the full package of brown gravy mix was used . For the amount of water, only about 1/3 cup or so was used. And six hours of cook time was enough for my crockpot. I did however find out that the gravy wasn't as thick as we would have liked it. So about a cup was removed and placed in a saucepan, then a slurry of about 2 Tblsps.of flour along with 1/3 cup of water was added to the gravy.Then added a bit of pepper,stirred well, and heated through. Served this over Real Homemade Mashed Potatoes and it was very,very good. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I would rate this 4 1/2*. It did turn out salty but I will use low sodium mushroom soup the next time I make it. To cut the salt, I added about 1/2 Cup sour cream. It was a big hit at our house and it was so easy to throw together. I served it over whole wheat penne noodles. Thanks for the recipe!