Recipe by Peggy Lynn
This is not a "traditional" Chicken Enchilada recipe- it uses flour tortillas and two types of cheese-very rich-and is very flavorful.Hope you enjoy.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked,boned and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (I actually use a little more-if you prefer a thinner sauce.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add green chiles and chicken broth.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add Chicken.
- Soften the tortillas by wrapping them in paper towels and heating in the microwave on high for a few seconds.
- Fill softened flour tortillas;roll and place in greased baking pan (I use a 13x9 pan) in a single layer.
- Pour whipping cream on top, then cover with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with any extras you would like, we sometimes use picante sauce and chopped black olives.