1/3 Photos of Please Don't Feel Blue Macaroni & Cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta, elbow macaroni shaped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- pepper, to taste
- 1 g non-fat cooking spray, butter flavored
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 x 8 pan with fat free cooking spray.
- 2Boil water and cook pasta according to box directions (probably about eight minutes); drain.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium to low heat, then add flour and cook 1 minute stirring constantly (do not allow to brown); gradually whisk in cream and milk and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, whisking occasionally (about 3 minutes).
- 4Reduce heat to low and add grated cheddar cheese and only 1/2 cup blue cheese; whisk about 2 minutes or when cheese starts to melt, then flavor with pepper if desired;add cooked pasta to sauce, stirring to coat, and transfer mixture to baking dish; sprinkle with remaining blue cheese and bake about 25 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble.
- 5Sprinkle with chives and serve - enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Please Don't Feel Blue Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 633.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat cooking spray