Recipe by the80srule
I got hit with this major craving for pumpkin cookies, so I based these off another recipe I tried and now I'm totally addicted! Great for the fall!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin until fully blended.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and spice together.
- Add this dry mixture into the large bowl and beat on low speed until there are no more dry pieces left.
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and drop globs on dough onto it, about 2 inches apart each.
- For crispy cookies, bake for 10-12 minutes at 425F then let cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- For softer cookies, bake for 15 minutes at 375F then just let cool on the sheet prior to eating.