Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the San Antonio Express News food section. It is a very popular dish and a much asked for recipe.
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes (you may want to start with less)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml sriracha hot sauce (Thai hot chile sauce marked Tuong Or Sriracha on the label)
- 453.59 g package spaghetti or 453.59 g package fettuccine
- 473.18 ml shredded napa cabbage
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 118.29 ml diced red pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro leaf
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken or 473.18 ml shrimp or 473.18 ml beef (optional)
- salt, to taste
- For Vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and Sriracha hot sauce.
- Set aside.
- For Noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a rolling bowl, add salt to taste, then add noodles and stir.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, cilantro and chicken, shrimp or beef.
- When noodles are done, drain and immediately pour into a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette, vegetables and meat or fish; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Note: In testing, low-sodium soy sauce and whole-wheat pasta were preferred.
Delicious! I only used 8 oz. of whole wheat pasta and doubled the napa cabbage amount (trying to cut down on carbs) and I used about 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes - it was spicy enough for our tastes. Everything else I left according to the recipe and it turned out great. Thanks for posting!
Absolutely incredible!! I can't recommend this recipe enough. Has a nice bite to it.
This was outstanding! Made without the meat as a side dish and it's my new favorite pasta salad!