1/1 Photo of Plaza San Antonio's Spicy Oriental Noodle Salad
Miss Annie's Note:
This recipe is from the San Antonio Express News food section. It is a very popular dish and a much asked for recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (you may want to start with less)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (Thai hot chile sauce marked Tuong Or Sriracha on the label)
- 1For Vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and Sriracha hot sauce.
- 2Set aside.
- 3For Noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a rolling bowl, add salt to taste, then add noodles and stir.
- 4While noodles are cooking, prepare the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, cilantro and chicken, shrimp or beef.
- 5When noodles are done, drain and immediately pour into a large bowl.
- 6Add vinaigrette, vegetables and meat or fish; stir to combine thoroughly.
- 8Note: In testing, low-sodium soy sauce and whole-wheat pasta were preferred.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plaza San Antonio's Spicy Oriental Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2076.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: