This recipe is from the San Antonio Express News food section. It is a very popular dish and a much asked for recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (you may want to start with less)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (Thai hot chile sauce marked Tuong Or Sriracha on the label)
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti or 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups beef (optional)
- salt, to taste
- For Vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and Sriracha hot sauce.
- Set aside.
- For Noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a rolling bowl, add salt to taste, then add noodles and stir.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare the cabbage, carrots, red pepper, cilantro and chicken, shrimp or beef.
- When noodles are done, drain and immediately pour into a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette, vegetables and meat or fish; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Note: In testing, low-sodium soy sauce and whole-wheat pasta were preferred.