Recipe by Mysterygirl
There is a very nice restaurant in Kansas City, MO called the Plaza III - they are famous for their steak soup. This is a copycat version of it. It freezes very well too.
Top Review by swchef
I was the Executive Chef that created this recipe for P3 and you are really close. All you need is a splash of Worcestershire and instead of beef granules (and you will have to play with this as we used to do 20 gals at a time) use Kitchen bouquet. This brings back old memories.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1892.72 ml hot water
- 907.18 g ground sirloin
- 29.58 ml beef bouillon granules
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, diced
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 473.18 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 793.78 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml Accent seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in stock pot.
- Blend in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add hot water a little at a time.
- Whisking it smooth as you go.
- Simmer until smooth.
- Sauté beef in a large skillet and drain off fat Add meat, bouillon, all vegetables and seasonings to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.