There is a very nice restaurant in Kansas City, MO called the Plaza III - they are famous for their steak soup. This is a copycat version of it. It freezes very well too.
- Melt butter in stock pot.
- Blend in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add hot water a little at a time.
- Whisking it smooth as you go.
- Simmer until smooth.
- Sauté beef in a large skillet and drain off fat Add meat, bouillon, all vegetables and seasonings to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
I was the Executive Chef that created this recipe for P3 and you are really close. All you need is a splash of Worcestershire and instead of beef granules (and you will have to play with this as we used to do 20 gals at a time) use Kitchen bouquet. This brings back old memories.
This was extremely good! It is a lot like a stew my mom used to make. I am from the KC area and love PlazaIII restaurant! This was a great copycat recipe. I also added a little more pepper for a more seasoned soup. Thanks for the recipe, it was fabulous!
So tasty and so easy to throw together. It's a keeper for my recipe files.