Recipe by Mysterygirl
There is a very nice restaurant in Kansas City, MO called the Plaza III - they are famous for their steak soup. This is a copycat version of it. It freezes very well too.
Top Review by swchef
I was the Executive Chef that created this recipe for P3 and you are really close. All you need is a splash of Worcestershire and instead of beef granules (and you will have to play with this as we used to do 20 gals at a time) use Kitchen bouquet. This brings back old memories.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 8 cups hot water
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in stock pot.
- Blend in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add hot water a little at a time.
- Whisking it smooth as you go.
- Simmer until smooth.
- Sauté beef in a large skillet and drain off fat Add meat, bouillon, all vegetables and seasonings to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.