There is a very nice restaurant in Kansas City, MO called the Plaza III - they are famous for their steak soup. This is a copycat version of it. It freezes very well too.
- Melt butter in stock pot.
- Blend in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add hot water a little at a time.
- Whisking it smooth as you go.
- Simmer until smooth.
- Sauté beef in a large skillet and drain off fat Add meat, bouillon, all vegetables and seasonings to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.