Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old Playcentre recipe...kids love it and keeps them entertained for hours. DONT eat it!...lol
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- food coloring or paint powder
- Cook flour, salt, cream of tartar and water slowly, stirring until'dough' comes away from sides of pot.
- Add colouring and oil, turn onto table and knead the colouring and oil in.
- Lasts for ages in an air tight container.
This playdough is great! My 3 year old and my 12 year old both love it. We used Kool-Aid to color and scent some of the dough and food coloring in some. The batch makes a good size lump of dough, easily equal to 4 cans of Play-doh brand. Great fun for the whole family!!
Would have been good to have a temperature for this - mine got quite dry as I think I had the heat up too high! Found it easier to mix the colouring in with the water at the beginning.
I love the size of this recipe!