Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so fun and easy to make. I used to divide the cooled dough up and let the kids help knead it just by playing with it. This is fun.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- food coloring (of your choice)
- In saucepan mix flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add water, oil and food coloring.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until mixture draws away from pan.
- Cool until you are able to handle it.
- Knead until smooth and place in an airtight container.
I put all of the stuff in bowls, and let my girls mix it up. Then I add boiling water and help mix it the rest of the way. We made four batches in like 20 minutes. Also stores very well in baggies.
I have been making this recipe for years. My girls have always helped me make it and they love to choose the color of the dough. It always fun to play with as well esp. on a stormy day. Great stress reliever for the adults...pounding, squeezing, etc.
Worked great, I didn't have the cream of tartar (not sure what it's supposed to do) but used fruit fresh citric acid instead . No problems at all, the recipe worked perfectly.