Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is so easy...you are not making bread but using an already baked loaf. The combination of pepperoni and mozzarella is classic, but you can play with this recipe to suit your tastes. This makes for a great presentation. It looks lovely once it bakes and it "blossoms". I call it "play-off" because I make it a lot for my husband and kids when there is an "important" game on :) You may want to make two...this never lasts long in our home!
Top Review by Evie*
Sometimes the simplest of ideas result in the best recipes! This was delicious with a capital D and will become a favourite for our household. I used a mild garlic flavoured salami and will experiment with others, as this is going to be made again and again. Thanks for posting. =)
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread (any hard crusted bread)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or cut into thin slices
- 6 -9 ounces of thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1 inch slices BUT DO NOT cut all the way through.
- Stop within 1 inch from the bottom!
- Now slice the same way in the opposite direction.
- Stuff cheese and pepperoni into the cuts.
- Combine melted butter, garlic salt and oregano and drizzle over the top of loaf, making sure that it drips into the cuts.
- Wrap well in foil (heavy duty preferred).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place on a serving dish and watch it disapear!