Audrey M's Note:
An inexpensive way to make playdough. I have made this up and given it as birthday treats with a cookie cutter to go along with the playdough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together 1 cup flour, 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar and 1/4 cup salt.
- 2Combine and add to dry ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 Tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons food coloring.
- 3Cook over medium heat and stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Mixture will thicken and form a ball in pan.
- 5Turn out of pan and gently knead on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Store in an airtight container.
- 7I usually don't use as much food coloring as suggested in recipe.
- 8Add a few drops and stir dough until you achieve the color you are looking for.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Play Dough
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18873.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g