Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An inexpensive way to make playdough. I have made this up and given it as birthday treats with a cookie cutter to go along with the playdough.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons food coloring
- Mix together 1 cup flour, 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar and 1/4 cup salt.
- Combine and add to dry ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 Tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons food coloring.
- Cook over medium heat and stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mixture will thicken and form a ball in pan.
- Turn out of pan and gently knead on a lightly floured surface.
- Store in an airtight container.
- I usually don't use as much food coloring as suggested in recipe.
- Add a few drops and stir dough until you achieve the color you are looking for.
Very easy & great texture!! My 2.5 yr old twins love it!!! Now, a full month later, it's just as moist in an old wipes box as it was the day I made it!! This is my new playdough recipe!! Thank you..it's given my girls hours of fun!!
Audrey, This recipe deserves more than 5 stars for the fun it gave me and my grandchildren. It was very easy to do and the kids had a ball making and playing with it. Thanks so much from, Kelli,Corey,Paul, and Sarah Beth!!!! And from me too, Darlene Summers
Playdough turned out great! I too, only used half the amount of cream of tarter. Does anyone know if this needs to be stored in the refridgerator?