Recipe by Ranikabani
Please make sure that this is done or supervised by an adult. This is not an edible product- it is for decorations only!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I enjoyed making these yesterday. I did have to add 1/4 cup more of hot water. I added 1/2 tsp. each of powdered cloves, powdered green cardamom and powdered cinnamon to the dough while kneading it for a nice scented play dough. I made hearts, bowls(with the help of a Diwali diya mould)and rabbits shapes. Loved them all! I baked these for 3 hours at 150C. The glitter idea is simplest so I went for that. Just tossed in the cooled shapes into a bag with coloured glitter, shook well and then displayed them in a tray which I'll be gifting very soon. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add hot water all at once.
- Mix with a spoon.
- When dough forms a ball, knead for 10 minutes.
- To make ornaments: Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut into shapes (or do it freehand).
- Make a hole at the top with a straw for hanging purposes.
- Bake for 3-4 hours at 300F on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool and paint or glue glitter on it.