Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Easy inexpensive one.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
- Mix first 3 ingredients well.
- Add food coloring to the water and oil, and combine with dry ingredients.
- Stir over medium heat several minutes until it forms a ball.
- Let cool in a bowl.
- Knead until smooth.
- Stir in an airtight container.
I can't vouch for this being everlasting yet but so far it looks great! It has the right consistency and is very easy to make. I'll test it out on my nephew tomorrow! Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Update: this was very successfully made into a dog, penguin, bone, pizza, rabbit and so on and was just as springy at the end of it all. Very popular with the family- even the adults were impressed!! It's nice that it even smells authentic- when I make this for my class I will add a range of essential oils or flavouring extracts to enhance the experience! Thanks again!
this was a breeze to make and we got the perfect amount of play dough out of it! thanks for posting! this will be my go to from now on!
Awesome recipe and so easy! Very quick to put together.