Recipe by Mysterygirl
This recipe was served for years in a local restaurant and has been a community favorite. If you love chocolate and nuts or really rich desserts, this one is for you.
Top Review by MackinacBride
YUMMY!!!! Very rich and very easy!!! I wasn't expecting the top to become crunchy and cookie-like...I touched the top to check for 'doneness' expecting to have a springy texture and totally cracked/poked a gigantic hole in the top!!! Oh darn-can't bring it to work's Oktoberfest...not with a cracked top...guess I'll just have to eat it all myself!!! One thing...I used a 9" premaid crust and it 'goobered' all over the sides, thankfully I had put a cookie sheet underneath! Next time I will use the deep-dish variety pie crust!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool 4 or 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Add sugar and flour and beat well.
- Add melted butter to the egg mixture.
- Add vanilla, nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 1 hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.