Recipe by Mysterygirl
Platte County in Missouri, USA is known for it's kraut burgers. Time and convenience have changed the way they serve them, but this is the old-fashioned way that everyone remembers from their childhood. With the exception of the seasoning, which is my touch. Even non-kraut lovers like these.
Top Review by Bergy
Very Tasty Burger, I had it with Napa Valleyt coarse mustard with thick slice of sweet raw onion, slice of beefsteak tomatoe, Baking stone Fies on the side (No oil for cooking the fries) . — Update Made this again and it was wonderful - Platte county Fair knows what Burgers are all about. Even people that don't like Kraut will LOVE this burger Thanks again Mystery Girl
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 3 hamburger buns
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide chuck into thirds.
- Then divide each third into half, and flatten them out into 6 patties.
- Place 1/3 cup sauerkraut on each of 3 patties.
- Top with the other 3 patties, being sure to seal well around the edges.
- Sprinkle with steak seasoning.
- Grill until done.
- Place each burger on a bun and top with mustard or your favorite topping.