1/1 Photo of Platanos Machos (Banana Murabba)
Platanos Machos, a mexican dish made of plantains (plantains are the member of banana family). Here, we are making it in Indian style with raw bananas and orange juice.This is a perfect healthy tasty dessert which is the combination of banana, orange juice, dry-fruits. I gave it the name as “Banana Murabba”.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: 1/2 cup = 100 ml.
- 2Trim off stems, halve the bananas and boil them in water. (not over boiled).
- 3After boiling, peel it and sliced it lengthwise.
- 4In a bowl, combine orange juice with icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix it well.
- 5Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick pan (preferably) and place banana slices and fry it from both the sides till golden brown.
- 6If excess oil is remaining then drain the slices on absorbent paper.
- 7Now add 1/2 tablespoon of oil in frying pan and place banana slices in it. Pour the orange juice mixture over it.
- 8Cook it on low flame for 5-10 minutes till the consistency of juice thickens and it coats the banana slices from both the sides.
- 9To serve, arrange banana slices with the orange sauce (orange juice thickens = orange sauce)on plate and decorate it with whipped cream and dry fruits and little sugar on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Platanos Machos (Banana Murabba)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 54.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 58.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: