These look DELICIOUS! From: http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/12/03/platanos-asados-con-queso-or-baked-ripe-plantains-with-cheese/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ripe plantains, whole
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter or 1 -2 tablespoon oil, use as little as you want
- 6 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- aji criollo salsa or hot sauce
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- 2Peel the plantains, place them on a baking sheet and rub them with butter or oil.
- 3Bake the plantains for 30 minutes, then turn each one and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- 4Remove the plantains from the oven, made a horizontal slit on the middle of each plantain, and stuff them with the cheese slices.
- 5In a few minutes the cheese will have melted, serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Platanos Asados Con Queso - Baked Ripe Plantains With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: