Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
These look DELICIOUS! From: http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/12/03/platanos-asados-con-queso-or-baked-ripe-plantains-with-cheese/
- 6 ripe plantains, whole
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter or 1 -2 tablespoon oil, use as little as you want
- 6 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- aji criollo salsa or hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the plantains, place them on a baking sheet and rub them with butter or oil.
- Bake the plantains for 30 minutes, then turn each one and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Remove the plantains from the oven, made a horizontal slit on the middle of each plantain, and stuff them with the cheese slices.
- In a few minutes the cheese will have melted, serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.