1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Angela Sara's Note:
This is a recipe from an old Sunday Observer newspaper on Welsh recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to Gas 3/160C/325F degrees.
- 2Rub the lamb all over with the salt, pepper and the ginger.
- 3Spread the honey over it, and put into a deep pan.
- 4Scatter rosemary evenly over it.
- 5Pour in enough cider to come about 2 inch up the pan.
- 6Put in the oven for 1 1/2 hours basting occasionally.
- 7Test it and give it another 30 mins if not tender.
- 8Although the lamb will be pinkish by this method it won't be rare.
- 9Transfer to a hot dish and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- 10Strain the juice into a shallow pan and reduce by boiling to make a dark well flavoured sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plas Glansevin Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1044.3
- Calories from Fat 620
- Total Fat 68.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 341.9 mg
- Sodium 291.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 94.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: