Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Planter's punch is a traditonal drink of welcome throughout the Caribbean. The basic recipe calls for equal parts orange and pineapple juice, guava nectar, and rum. But everyone has strong opinions about the particular flavorings and garnishes. For the best results, use fresh orange and lime juice.
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup bottled guava nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 fresh pineapple slices
- 6 orange slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a pitcher. Serve over ice. Garnish each serving with 1 cinnamon stick, 1 pineapple slice, 1 orange slice, and 1 cherry. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.