Recipe by mollypaul
Rich and spicily sweet, these tasty gems are perfect with coffee or tea. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour (amount is approximate, enough to make a drop dough)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light; add sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add gradually to first mixture.
- Drop from a spoon onto prepared sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.