Recipe by ElaineAnn
I have no idea how this got it's name, but it's quick and easy.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 47" Prepared this as a tasty side, by making 1/2 recipe up to potato flakes. Took a tip from another reviewer and simmered the veggies in broth, then added the lemon juice and small-cubed potatoes to simmer. Finished with 1/2 and 1/2, and a tad of milk, and served as a side to baked pork tenderloin. DH was so happy with a tasty side, which HE considered healthy -- thanks for posting, ElaineAnn.
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 2⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- fresh ground black pepper, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté carrots, celery and onions in butter until tender. Add chicken broth.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in potato buds and milk. Add lemon, half-and-half, and peas.
- Heat through; garnish with chives and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper if desired.