Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 lbs spareribs
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place meaty side down in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Drain off excess drippings.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Turn ribs over, and bake an additional 50-60 minutes.
- Brush ribs with sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
These were so wonderful. The sauce was perfectly sweet/tangy. The ribs were juicy and delicious. The meat fell off the bone. A very easy recipe to follow. My DH who is a rib fanatic, gave these an inthusiastic thumbs up. Thanks Nurse Di!! Your recipes are the best :)
I made these last weekend at our lakehouse. This was so easy and the ribs were so tender and juicy. The BBQ sauce was spicy and sweet. Thanks Nurse Di. Everyone commented on how good these were.
A 5 star hit with my family. I followed your recipe exactly and didn't change a thing. So easy to prepare. I had just over 4 pounds of very meaty pork spare ribs and the amount of sauce was just right. Superb taste, and wonderful aroma. I just about had to stop them from eating the bones. The only thing I will do different the next time is to wait until they have only about 15 minutes left to cook to brush the ribs with the sauce. At 30 minutes the sauce got a little hard on some of the ribs making that meat a little tough to chew for the false teeth generation.