Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
As a disclaimer, I have not made this yet. Taken from "Prize Winning Recipes". The ones I've tried from here have been great (and they should be, these recipes are prize winners!). This looks very decadent, and I think for myself I'd stuff this into a pita, or serve with salad and crusty bread. I imagine most of you would want to make this over rice. Enjoy!
- 3 -5 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 ounces gingerroot, grated
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped (the stems)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
Peanut Butter SaucE
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced (the stems)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Place pork cubes in shallow glass baking dish. Combine marinade ingredients. Mix well. Pour over pork and marinate for 2 and a half hours.
- Threat cubes (4 or 5) on skewers. Place on grill over low heat and cook 8-10 minutes. Turn and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- To make sauce: Combine ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place indificual servings of pork cubes and peanut butter sauce at each place setting.