Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I was a kid in Ohio, my mother kept mint growing under a dripping hose bib. On those icky, sticky, hot and humid summer days, I fondly remember cold glasses of this refreshing iced tea with its hint of mint, orange and lemon juices.
- Put 1 quart water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and steep tea bags and mint in hot water for 15 minutes or more.
- Remove tea bags and mint and discard.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Add orange and lemon juices.
- Add enough water/ ice to make 4 quarts.
I had a bunch of limes and used those instead of lemon and this iced tea is just delicious and so refreshing. I like that the tea flavours are still strong, and it's nice and citrusy while not being too sweet. The mint is a nice touch. This is perfect for the hot weather outside. Thanks!
This is a lovely refreshing drink. You can indeed taste the tea, mint and citrus juices. I enjoyed this very much. The flavour was outstanding. Perfectly, sweet and tart. I garnished my glasses with thin slices of orange. Thanks so much for sharing.