Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the house dressing at The Plantation restaurant in Moline, Illinois. It is no longer around, but many around here still remember this fabulous dressing. I can't say this is the exact recipe they used, but it is very close if not exact. It is similar to a creamy garlic, but with the added punch of anchovy paste.
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle French dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese
- Beat together all ingredients in mixer.
- Store in tightly closed jar and keep refrigerated.
I'm also from Moline & loved the plantation dressing. I have the recipe from my grandmother. The ingredients are the same, just a little different amounts on the anchovy paste & parmesan cheese. Mine also says to mix & let stand for 24 hours before using.
I made this without the anchovy paste and more parmesan cheese to fit our tastes better. It was very yummy! Thanks!