That is Dr House to you's Note:
Garlic and mint sauce for Plantains. Best made fresh. It will keep but loses something during storage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel by cutting off ends of plantains and then cutting in half crosswise. Cut away peel with sharp knife. Trim off any remaining peel. Then cut half lenghtwise.
- 2Put in pot with salt and enough water to cover. Simmer 25 minutes or until you can easily pierce with fork and have texture of boiled potatoes.
- 3DRAIN CAREFULLY. Platains are now fragile. Place on serving dishs and pass the salt, pepper and sauce at the table.
- 5Mint: Use the leaves from one small bunch.
- 6Garlic: Mince and crush to paste.
- 7Finely chop mint and oregano [or marjoram] and combine with rest of ingredients.
Browse Our Top Puerto Rican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puerto Rican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantains With Salsa De Ajo
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1753.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g