Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT. I haven't made it yet so I guessed on the yield and time. The plantains don't have to be completely ripe.
- 4 plantains
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water (or more as needed)
- Combine coconut milk and water, set aside.
- Peel plantains and cut into slices or quarters and put in saucepan with remaining ingredients.
- Heat slowly, stir gently and add coconut milk/water little by little until all is absorbed. Simmer until tender, adding additional water if needed.
This is a nice way to make plantains. I used coconut cream. I had to cook it quite a while for all of the liquid to get absorbed and ended up with a sticky chunky pudding. I think the flavor was good as is but sooooo much better with brown sugar added. Made for the ZWT4.