1/2 Photos of Plantain Gratin - Figue Vert - Green Banana Gratin
This is one of my adopted recipes. I love plaintains! It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(Grated Gruyere cheese can be used instead of cheddar cheese.)
- 2Place bananas in saucepan and add just enough chicken stock to cover.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until bananas are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Using a potato masher, mash until smooth (chicken stock will be absorbed).
- 5Let cool slightly.
- 6Meanwhile, heat butter in a small frypan and saute onions until tender.
- 7Add the onions, cream, beaten eggs to cooked bananas until combined; season with salt, nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.
- 8Mixture will be quite moist.
- 9Place banana mixture in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- 10Combine cheese with bread crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- 11Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes or until top is golden.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Gratin - Figue Vert - Green Banana Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 380.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g