1/2 Photos of Plantain Fritters (Caribbean)
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found on the internet at the recipeisland.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, slightly mash the plantains, then set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt.
- 3In a small bowl, beat in the eggs until fluffy.
- 4To the flour mixture add the beaten eggs, crushed red pepper & butter & then the milk, beating with a fork until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Stir in the mashed plantains, & add more milk if necessary ~ Batter should be of a dropping consistency.
- 6Drop by spoonfuls into preheated deep fat at 375 degrees F & fry 4-5 minutes, or until evenly browned. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Fritters (Caribbean)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 672.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g