Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found on the internet at the recipeisland.com.
Top Review by Ambervim
These are amazing and light!!!! I really loved them. As I do not deep fry, I just heated up my cast iron skillet, brushed a little canola on the bottom and made them like little pancakes. I ate them with a little spicey mango butter on them. I like Allgirl's idea of adding jalapenos to them. I have put this recipe in my breakfast cookbook also. Fabulous!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups plantains, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, slightly mash the plantains, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt.
- In a small bowl, beat in the eggs until fluffy.
- To the flour mixture add the beaten eggs, crushed red pepper & butter & then the milk, beating with a fork until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the mashed plantains, & add more milk if necessary ~ Batter should be of a dropping consistency.
- Drop by spoonfuls into preheated deep fat at 375 degrees F & fry 4-5 minutes, or until evenly browned. Serve hot.