Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious and nutritious! I'm on a plantain kick and this is a great use for them. Enjoy!!
Make and share this Plantain Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- (175 degrees C.) Place the spelt, or whole wheat flour, and the quick rolled oats (oatmeal) in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves and mix well.
- Add the coconut and 2 cups of the raisins and mix well to ensure that the raisins are not sticking together, and that they are thoroughly coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the apple juice, peeled plantains, and the remaining cup of raisins in the container of a high speed blender.
- Cover and run at high speed until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Add the plantain-raisin mixture (liquid) to the flour mixture (dry) and mix thoroughly with a stiff spatula or spoon.
- After adding all the blended, liquid ingredients, if the cookie dough is too stiff you may add a little more apple juice.
- A thinner dough will make a flatter cookie.
- A stiff dough will make irregular, thick cookies like the ones shown in the photo.
- (To test for dough stiffness, we stick a soup spoon upright into the dough. If the dough is stiff enough, the spoon will remain upright.) On a non-stick or lightly oiled baking sheet, place the cookie dough in 24 equal sized"mounds.
- "Smooth and shape each cookie with a spoon or spatula, as desired.
- Place the pecan halves on the top of each cookie and press lightly into the dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 20-25 minutes.
- Various ovens bake differently, so we suggest that you begin checking the cookies after 15-20 minutes of baking.
- The cookies should be firm, but still soft enough to be a little"springy.
- "Be careful not to over-bake.
- When the plantain coconut raisin oatmeal spice cookies are baked, remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy.