Delicious and nutritious! I'm on a plantain kick and this is a great use for them. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2(175 degrees C.) Place the spelt, or whole wheat flour, and the quick rolled oats (oatmeal) in a bowl and mix together.
- 3Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves and mix well.
- 4Add the coconut and 2 cups of the raisins and mix well to ensure that the raisins are not sticking together, and that they are thoroughly coated with the flour mixture.
- 5Place the apple juice, peeled plantains, and the remaining cup of raisins in the container of a high speed blender.
- 6Cover and run at high speed until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended and smooth.
- 7Add the plantain-raisin mixture (liquid) to the flour mixture (dry) and mix thoroughly with a stiff spatula or spoon.
- 8After adding all the blended, liquid ingredients, if the cookie dough is too stiff you may add a little more apple juice.
- 9A thinner dough will make a flatter cookie.
- 10A stiff dough will make irregular, thick cookies like the ones shown in the photo.
- 11(To test for dough stiffness, we stick a soup spoon upright into the dough. If the dough is stiff enough, the spoon will remain upright.) On a non-stick or lightly oiled baking sheet, place the cookie dough in 24 equal sized"mounds.
- 12"Smooth and shape each cookie with a spoon or spatula, as desired.
- 13Place the pecan halves on the top of each cookie and press lightly into the dough.
- 14Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F.
- 15for 20-25 minutes.
- 16Various ovens bake differently, so we suggest that you begin checking the cookies after 15-20 minutes of baking.
- 17The cookies should be firm, but still soft enough to be a little"springy.
- 18"Be careful not to over-bake.
- 19When the plantain coconut raisin oatmeal spice cookies are baked, remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g