1/1 Photo of Plantain Chips
Cookie in Ontario's Note:
Salty baked plantain chips. Let the plantain ripen on the counter for a day or two if they're green when you buy them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Trim ends from plantains, then cut a slit down one side.
- 3Peel plantains-beginning at the slit.
- 4Slice across into 12 pieces, each about 1/2-3/4".
- 5Place in a large bowl.
- 6Toss slices with oil and 1/8 tsp of the salt.
- 7Transfer to a sprayed nonstick baking sheet.
- 8Bake slices for 15 minutes Remove pan from oven.
- 9Place a few slices on a cutting board and press gently with the bottom of a glass. Turn over.
- 10(Bottoms will be lightly browned.).
- 11Return to baking sheet.
- 12Repeat with all slices.
- 13Spray with oil. Sprinkle with the rest of salt (1/8 tsp).
- 14Bake another 5 minutes.
- 15Serve warm with fat free sour cream.
- 16194 cal per serving-9g fat & 2g fibre.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Chips
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g