Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Salty baked plantain chips. Let the plantain ripen on the counter for a day or two if they're green when you buy them.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Trim ends from plantains, then cut a slit down one side.
- Peel plantains-beginning at the slit.
- Slice across into 12 pieces, each about 1/2-3/4".
- Place in a large bowl.
- Toss slices with oil and 1/8 tsp of the salt.
- Transfer to a sprayed nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake slices for 15 minutes Remove pan from oven.
- Place a few slices on a cutting board and press gently with the bottom of a glass. Turn over.
- (Bottoms will be lightly browned.).
- Return to baking sheet.
- Repeat with all slices.
- Spray with oil. Sprinkle with the rest of salt (1/8 tsp).
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with fat free sour cream.
- 194 cal per serving-9g fat & 2g fibre.