Plantain Casserole (St. Lucia -- Caribbean)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, bring several quarts of water to a boil, then drop the peeled plantains into the boiling water, reduce heat at least to medium-low & cook for about 15 minutes, or until quite tender.
- Drain the plantains, then first chop them up & put them in a large bowl before mashing them somewhat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk & peanut butter, then add the onion & celery. Season to taste with a bit of salt.
- Add this mixture to the plantains, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the plantain mixture into a medium-size casserole dish, then sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.