Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was found on the internet at recipeisland.com.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 large plantains, peeled (green)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, diced small
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, bring several quarts of water to a boil, then drop the peeled plantains into the boiling water, reduce heat at least to medium-low & cook for about 15 minutes, or until quite tender.
- Drain the plantains, then first chop them up & put them in a large bowl before mashing them somewhat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk & peanut butter, then add the onion & celery. Season to taste with a bit of salt.
- Add this mixture to the plantains, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the plantain mixture into a medium-size casserole dish, then sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.