Typical of Southeast Mexican cooking. Tasty, inexpensive and meatless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel plantains and cut lengthwise in half.
- 2With tip of a spoon scrape off the seed section and smash the pulp till pureed.
- 3Add eggs, flour, bicarbonate and salt.
- 4Mix and knead a bit until you have a compact dough Place half of this dough on bottom of pre-greased baking dish.
- 5Over that a layer of beans, then a layer of cheese, another of beans, and finish with the remaining plantain dough on top.
- 6Steam cook it from 30 to 40 minutes or until torte feels firm to the touch.
- 7Unmold and slice at serving time.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain-Bean-Cheese Torte
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 731.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: