Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Typical of Southeast Mexican cooking. Tasty, inexpensive and meatless.
Make and share this Plantain-Bean-Cheese Torte recipe from Food.com.
- Peel plantains and cut lengthwise in half.
- With tip of a spoon scrape off the seed section and smash the pulp till pureed.
- Add eggs, flour, bicarbonate and salt.
- Mix and knead a bit until you have a compact dough Place half of this dough on bottom of pre-greased baking dish.
- Over that a layer of beans, then a layer of cheese, another of beans, and finish with the remaining plantain dough on top.
- Steam cook it from 30 to 40 minutes or until torte feels firm to the touch.
- Unmold and slice at serving time.
I agree with the other reviewer-I like all of the ingredients but the sum was not greater than the parts.Not that it was actually bad and inedible,but I would rather fry some plantains,refry some beans and sprinkle the whole thing with cheese than layer it all in a casserole.I would eat this again but probably wouldn't cook it again.
I love all of the ingredients used in this recipe, but didn't like the end result. I'll go back to baking my plantains.