Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
the original of this recipe was found on the trinigourmet.com website.
- 2 plantains, ripe (skins almost completely black)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease an 8" square baking dish.
- Peel & slice the plantains, preferrably lengthwise, then lay the slices out in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix honey, juice, zest & salt & pour over plantains.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg, then sprinkle over the top of the plantains.
- Bake for 15-20 inutes or until browned & tender.
These were sweet treats. Not a flavor profile I am fond of eating. Maybe adding some rum would be good.
Sweet orange treat! Made for ZWR 6. Thanks!
Very tasty! Fresh and light with a good sweetness about it. Cooked mine in a glass pie pan so they were soaking in the juice. Thanks, Sydney Mike!