Recipe by Dominick & Amanda
This is a delicious casserole that we came up with after completely doctoring a recipe we had. Enjoy!
- 4 plantains, peeled and boiled in water (about 10 minutes)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados, cut into small chunks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash boiled plantains. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the butter. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat large saute pan with the remainder of the olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is warm add onions, garlic, peppers, celery, and jalapeño to pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Layer a gratin pan with 1/2 of the mashed plantains and 2/3 cup of the cheese. Then add the sauteed vegetables and another 2/3 cup of the cheese. Layer with the rest of the plantains and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm garnished with avocado.