Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Smokey baked trout on a cedar plank
Make and share this Planked Trout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small trout, boned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh herb, chopped
- Soak two thick boards of cedar or wood plank of choice and soak them in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Center fish on the boards. Brush with oil; season with black and cayenne pepper, salt and herbs.
- Place them in a 350F oven and back for 20 minutes or the fish starts to flake in the thickest part. Planks may also be broiled on a grill, place 6 to 7 inches from the heat source and cook for similar amount of time.