This is my favorite grilled salmon. It is grilled on a cedar plank (make sure you soak the plank for at least 8 hours). The ingredients are the perfect blend. The original recipe has it baked in an oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. We cook it at the same temp and time on the grill. You could use 4 - 6 ounce portion fillets (skin on) on 2 cedar planks. We prefer half a side of salmon with the skin on. The recipe is by Michael Chiarello. I like to serve this with wild rice and a tossed green salad.
My Private Note
6oz por ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Presoak cedar plank for 8 hours.
- 2Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- 3Cut a few slits in the side of the salmon, but don't go all the way through, halfway. Do the same if using portions. The slits allow the glaze to absorb into the fillet.
- 4In a bowl mix salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- 5In a glass bowl, microwave the honey for about 30 seconds to liquefy. Remove bowl and blend in balsamic vinegar.
- 6With a basting brush, baste the salmon with butter. Apply dry seasoning mix (salt, pepper and dry mustard) on flesh side of salmon and lightly rub it into the salmon(don't tear flesh). I just pat the dry seasoning on.
- 7With the basting brush baste the salmon with the honey balsamic mixture. Reserve liquid for later.
- 8Heat the planks on the grill over medium heat for 3-5 minutes to brown them. Watch so they don't catch on fire. Remove from grill and rub olive oil on the browned side of plank. Lay salmon on the oiled side of the plank with skin side down and baste with remaining reserved liquid.
- 9Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. A thicker cut may take a little longer. If cooking in an oven use a cookie sheet to prevent a mess.
- 10Note: prep time doesn't include cedar plank soak time of 8 hours.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Planked Salmon With Honey Balsamic Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 1860.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g