1/2 Photos of Plank-Grilled Scallops
This is the simplest and most delicious recipe I've found for scallops...the flavors of the plank are perfect for the tender scallops, adjust cooking time according to size of your scallops. Somtimes I also like to place fresh sprigs of herbs on plank under scallops to add a different dimension of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak wood plank in water or other juice/herb mixture for a minimum of an hour (or use my trick and pull a pre-soaked plank out of the freezer -- see my recipe!).
- 2Place thawed scallops in a bowl and toss with lime juice, wine and spice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 3Light grill. When grill is ready, place wood plank on grill. After three minutes, flip plank. Place scallops on plank, close grill and let cook for about 10 minutes (depending on size of scallops!).
- 4Remove scallops from grill and serve.
- 5**Remember - food will continue to cook on plank after removed from grill, so adjust time according to your food!**.
- 6Sometimes, I wrap scallops with proscuitto and hold proscuitto in place with partially stripped rosemary "toothpicks" for a different flavor -- yummy!
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plank-Grilled Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g