Recipe by cylee
This is the simplest and most delicious recipe I've found for scallops...the flavors of the plank are perfect for the tender scallops, adjust cooking time according to size of your scallops. Somtimes I also like to place fresh sprigs of herbs on plank under scallops to add a different dimension of flavor.
- 1 lb large scallop (about 16 large)
- 1 cedar plank, soaked for minimum of 1 hour (or other UNTREATED wood plank)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (or other herbs as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wood plank in water or other juice/herb mixture for a minimum of an hour (or use my trick and pull a pre-soaked plank out of the freezer -- see my recipe!).
- Place thawed scallops in a bowl and toss with lime juice, wine and spice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Light grill. When grill is ready, place wood plank on grill. After three minutes, flip plank. Place scallops on plank, close grill and let cook for about 10 minutes (depending on size of scallops!).
- Remove scallops from grill and serve.
- **Remember - food will continue to cook on plank after removed from grill, so adjust time according to your food!**.
- Sometimes, I wrap scallops with proscuitto and hold proscuitto in place with partially stripped rosemary "toothpicks" for a different flavor -- yummy!