Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will need two untreated Cedar Planks about 3/4 inch thick and 12 to 15 inches long.
- 2 lbs rainbow trout, cleaned with head on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the planks into cool water and allow to soak for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 to degrees F.
- Brush the trout, inside and out with olive oil.
- Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place the trout onto the planks belly down and open. Wrap foil around both fish and plank.
- Place the planks in oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving as is or deboning and serving.