Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Awesome cookies from the organic market, loaded with seeds and chocolate - great for taking hiking or just anytime. Wheat free and dairy free depending on the chocolate chips used - I think that also makes them vegan?
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1 cup granulated unbleached cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups dark chocolate chips or 1 3⁄4 cups carob chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients : from oats to raisins.
- Combine wet ingredients: from water to soy milk.
- Stir dry and wet together until just combined.
- Portion cookie dough using 1/3 C measure and place on baking tray.
- Gently flatten cookies.
- Bake for 24 minutes or until lightly browned.
I love these cookies!!! I couldn't stop eating them lol These hold together really well after baking. To help flatten these before baking I would recommend wetting your hands with a small amount of water.
These are delicious - my family calls them "Seed Cookies" and ask for them often!
I love these cookies. They taste just like the stores. I also reduced the amount of sugar.