Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you away. This goes together in a very short time. My hubby had this at Planet Hollywood in Dallas at the WestEnd. Be sure to cut everything up ahead of time. As with all Asian cooking it needs to be right at hand. Hope you enjoy!
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 3.69 ml rice vinegar
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml hot and spicy oil (chili oil can be used)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml chopped fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml freshly chopped gingerroot
- 28.39 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml chinese mustard powder
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml water
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2.46 ml peanut butter
- 4.92 ml butter
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 236.59 ml julienne-cut vegetables (celery, carrots,bell pepper and or or onion)
- 14.79 ml chopped cilantro (divided)
- 14.79 ml chopped peanuts (divided)
- 283.49 g linguine, cooked
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions (to garnish)
- Mix first 16 ingredients well. Set this sauce aside. (This can be refrigerated for 3-4 days).
- Place butter and garlic in a heated sauté pan. Cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Add additional butter if pan becomes too dry.
- Add cut vegetables, half of the cilantro and half of the peanuts. Add 1/2 c Thai sauce (or more to taste) and mix.
- Add shrimp/vegetable mixture to pasta, tossing well to coat.
- Garnish with green onion and remaining peanuts and cilantro.