Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (African Region), this is an East African side dish. It is meant to go with spicier dishes such as curries (sensing a trend here with me and Curries? Hehe) or any spicy main dish.
- 4 almost ripe to ripe plantains
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 ground cloves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 -2 cup coconut milk
- Peel plantains; cut plantains into slices, or into quarters by cutting once lengthwise and once across the middle.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except coconut milk; heat slowly, stir gently, and add coconut milk little by little until all is absorbed.
- Simmer until plantains are tender; add a little water if necessary.