Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From King Arthur Flour's Baking Sheet. I've made these a million times. We eat them with chicken curry or chicken tandoori. You can also use a mix of whole wheat and white flour. Yum!
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons crisco vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk or 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yeast
- Put ingredients into bowl of bread machine in the order indicated for your machine.
- Process on dough cycle.
- Divide dough into 8-10 pieces & let rest a few minutes to relax.
- Roll and stretch each piece into 9-10" circle, dusting with flour as needed to keep from sticking.
- In nonstick pan over medium heat, lightly brown on each side, turning with tongs. Each wrap should puff up slightly.
- Stack and keep warm in 190 degree oven until all are done.
- Prep time does not include dough prep in bread machine.